Stations of the Cross Chaplet, Prayer
Stations of the Cross chaplet information
The Chaplet of the Way of the Cross (Stations of the Cross)
This chaplet consists of 15 groups of 3 beads each, between which are medals representing the stations of the cross. An additional 5 beads are added as well as a crucifix.
This chaplet of the Way of the Cross was granted to Vincentian Order by Popes Pius IX and X. Later it was withdrawn by the Holy Office (1912), since the indulgences can be gained by using the crucifix alone.
It is somewhat of a misnomer to call this a rosary. To the sick and to others who cannot go to a church to make the Way of the Cross the Holy See has given the privilege of gaining the indulgences attached to the Way of the Cross by holding in their hand a specially indulgenced crucifix and saying the prescribed prayers, the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be 20 times.
A Suggested Way of Saying the Way of the Cross Rosary
On the Crucifix say the Apostle's Creed.
On each of the following five beads:
1. An Act of Contrition.
2. Prayer to Jesus Christ Crucified:
Behold, O kind and most sweet Jesus, I cast myself on my knees in Your sight and with the most fervent desire of my soul I pray and beg You to impress upon my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope and charity, with true repentance for my sins, and a firm desire of amendment, while with deep affection and grief of soul I ponder within myself and mentally contemplate Your five most precious wounds: having before my eyes that which David spoke in prophecy: ""They have pierced My hands and My feet; they have numbered all My bones.""
3. Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them; an dmay all the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen
4. Our Father
5. Hail Mary and Glory be
For the intentions of the Holy Father: at each medal/station say:
We adore You, O Christ, and we bless You, because by Your Holy Cross You have redeemed the world.
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.
Information taken from:
TWENTY-FOUR ROSARIES AND CHAPLETS by Patrick Shaughnessy, O.S.B., S.T.D. Reprinted 1984 by Our Lady's Rosary Makers.
Stations of the Cross Chaplet
- The shipping shall be done to the address provided during order placement.
- Any changes in the order must be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Items once dispatched shall not be diverted to any other locations under any circumstances.
- Products once ordered shall be dispatched within 2-3 days of placing an order, receipt of the same will be after 7-8 working days of placing the order. We shall strive to send it earlier. Please contact us at above email address if not received in the given time frame.
- Orders once placed can be cancelled within 24 hours through a written request only, no verbal communication will be accepted.
- Refunds shall be made to the original payment source only within 15 days after such cancellation.
- Returns: Products can be returned within 2 days of purchase, if the products are received in a physically damaged condition, or it has missing parts or is defective or is different from the ordered product.
- Payment for return will be made only if: (a) We cannot ship another product as per order details, (b) It is ascertained that the product was not damaged in your possession; (c) the product is different from what was ordered by you; the product is returned in original condition (with brand’s/manufacturer's box, MRP tag, other attachments intact)